Sierra Bullets 6.5 Creedmoor Load Data

Barrel Length: 24”
Twist: 1-8’’
Case: Hornady
Trim-to Length: 1.910’’
Primer: Winchester WLR

Remarks:

Developed in 2007 by Dennis DeMille and Dave Emary, the 6.5 Creedmoor is a shortened and improved 30 TC cartridge case that was inspired by the .308 Winchester design.  This short action design was created to maximize case capacity and a wide range of loading lengths, while still fitting in standard short action magazines.  With the correct twist barrel, the versatile 6.5 Creedmoor can take advantage of the wide range of bullet weights available in 6.5mm.  Reloaders should keep in mind that the 6.5 Creedmoor works best with medium to medium-slow powders such as H4350, Varget, Win 760, and RE-17.  The light recoil and adaptability of the efficient 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge has already proven itself in high power, precision rifle series and benchrest competitions.  Couple that with respectable barrel life and its intrinsic accuracy potential and you have a recipe for success which should insure its legacy for decades to come.

1-sierra-bullets-6-5-creedmoor-data

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

3-sierra-bullets-6-5-creedmoor-data
INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

4a-sierra-bullets-6-5-creedmoor-dataINDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

6-sierra-bullets-6-5-creedmoor-data

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD – USE CAUTION
LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED.

This entry was posted in Load Data, Reloading and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Sierra Bullets 6.5 Creedmoor Load Data

1. Pingback: Sierra | Sierra Bullets 6.5 Creedmoor Load Data |

2. Joey Garren says:

My .260 will do ever thing I need it to do, don’t think I’ll swap it fer a creedmore. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine round, but my .260 is bout 100-120 fps faster, and don’t think it could get any more accurate. My lil .260 dang near one holes @ 100 yards with Sierra 140gr Gamekings!!! With Matchkings it’s awesome @ 600 yards, less than 1 1/2″.

• Chris warren says:

Finally someone spoke up for the 260. Have always wondered what was so extra great about the 6.5, when it first appeared I made brass from the 260 very little difference. Love my 260 sold my 6.5 for a large profit, they were hard to get at that time

• Bob Lockett says:

600 yard 1 1/2″ group??? Was that a one or two shot group?

• Terry Lichtenberger says:

At 600 yards a 1 1/2 inch group? you better start sg=hooting matches because you could have some awesome world records at lesser distantces.

• Garry says:

There are lots of similar ballistic cartridges in the 6.5mm comments should be about the data itself. Thank you for the update Sierra. I recently bought a 6.5 Creedmoor and also have a .300 AAC that I thank Sierra for supplying the data for as well. I often am leery about ordering other manuals for an update that may not even be in there.

• Joe Maxwell says:

Everyone knows the .260 is not as efficient as the 6.5. and is MUCH more finicky on loads. Don’t be so Butt hurt.

• jerry sabatino says:

I shoot a creedmore like everyone else at this point I’m pushing 140 berger hybrids out of a 24 inch barrel 48.6 re loaders 26 a little over 3000 fps no pressure signs have loaded up to 49.2 but passed my node

3. I agree with Joey. My last national records were with the 6.5X08, 260 Rem. The intent for the Creedmoor was to reduce the case capacity of the 260 rem and allow the bullet to be seated out further in the case and still be with in the 2.800 max OAL of the magazine. While it did both of these it now needs to use faster powders and higher pressures to do what the 260 was already doing. All of this was for XTC but the issue of recoil was diminished as new and lighter bullets came on the market and load it to the recoil level you want in the 260 there’s no difference. Now that Camp Perry is no longer the Mecca for the NRA National Championships and the dwindling numbers over the last several years the Creedmoor cartridge will enjoy the lime light for a small period of time before it flickers out. I wish Dennis and David all the best but the niche market it was intended for is now gone.

• Alan Lisitano says:

Mitchell, it is being used for the PRS series. I think it’s the go to cartridge from what I can tell. The 6 mm is also a large choice.

• The 6.5 CM is far from flickering out, it is gaining popularity, Lapua is even offering match brass.

• Harold Bradshaw says:

I get request on almost a weekly basis, with people asking for a Creedmoor rifle for Target or Hunting, Its not going anywhere anytime soon.

• I see raging fads in case designs , as that’s ALL this is about. A bullet going ‘X’ velocity really doesn’t need to know what case it came from. So what we do is redesign a case to suit a specific application then 10 years later we asked oh do you remember ?? If I were to show you that list it would get boring rather quickly. So when was the last time you saw a 30X338 on the line and the 6.8 Grendal , 264 Winchester, Opps and the 7mm RUSUM , 257 Roberts , 225 Winchester , 7mm Waters, it get endless. The problem with the 6.5 Credmoor is the demise of NRA XTC shooting as its no longer at Camp Perry. The specific intent for that cartridge is no longer there and some companies are trying to do their typical magical sales gimmick while they can. Ask 100 hunters if their using it this year ?

• Harold Bradshaw says:

I respect your opinion , but the hunting and NRA shooters are not the ones who are buying the cal. in droves, the PRS, the taticool civilian crowd and several groups of shooters love it for what ever reason. I am a Match Director at our Gun Club, and in the last five years more and more 6.5 Creedmoor keep showing up.

• Esabatmfa says:

The 6.5×47, 260Rem and 6.5 Creedmoor all get the job done. I have the 6.5×47 and the Creedmoor and both shoot great. The Creedmoor is the easiest to find component’s for at least in northern WV. We should be glad we have these choices to pick from and argue over.

• I takwe it you are a .260 fan and therefore everything else is the enemy!

• Mitchell Maxberry says:

Set any national records lately ?

• Kevin Watts says:

I absolutely love my 260. Shoot it out of a Savage Precision and a Ruger Hawkeye. Does everything anybody could want and I shoot the 130 Gr Accubond for it. I recently got a Remington 6.5 Creedmore and am just starting to work up loads using the GameChanger 130 gr bullets. I think it is going to be a winner but it is suprisingly a little finicky Using 42.2 gr RE17 but may be changing powders to try some Win 760 just to see results. Don’t know how much this new bullet is being used. I ordered and had to wait a few weeks for it to get here.

• Joe Maxwell says:

Wrong Mitchel the 6.5 was developed from the .30TC parent case and they did not go out of there way to reduce it case capacity but increase it with the 30 degree shoulder. The 6.5 is more efficient on powder than the .260 and is not as finicky on loads. Look around these guns are flying off the shelves with more loads now available then any other round. The Creed is here to stay.

• Mitchell Maxberry says:

30 Newton , 7MM Ross, 264 Winchester Magnum , 6.5 Grindal , 218 Bee , 22 Hornet , 35 Winchester , 348 Winchester , 7X57 Mauser , 8mm Mauser , 7mm RUM , 8mm Remington Magnum 6mm PPC …… yep everyone that owned them had the cats meow and nothing was better. Some ended up in production rifles that were spawned by some gun magazine and yet every year more calibers are designed that do the exact same thing as a previous caliber , ” they push a bullet out the barrel”. Joe your right I can reduce my loads in the 260 Rem to the same as the Creedmoor and start worrying about efficiency just like my 1000 car engine and 250cc motorcycle. Another cartridge is like a breath of air you have the one you got and expect another to come along , if not things get real dark real quick and that is the same mantra of gun makers.

• Dan Paczosa says:

You are correct. It’s niche market is gone. It’s now gone mainstream. It’s sold.more rifles in the last month than all 260s in history.

• Jay Cordy says:

The 260 never found a market. It has literally been Remington’s red-headed stepchild since it was released in the late 1990’s. It’s a pity, because it’s a great round but the 6.5 Creedmoor is not a fad. It simply had the marketing at just the right time to push it to the top of the LRP game. With Walmart now carrying several models of budget rifles in 6.5 CM and carrying lots of ammo for them, this popularity is not going anywhere for decades. With handloads you can push 140gr bullets to 3,000 fps and the brass is readily available. If you can find 260Rem brass it’s twice the price and necking down cases comes with it’s own complications.

• Mitchell Maxberry says:

Simple point , magazine capacity of 2.800 inches . Same 6.5 bullets which utilizes the magazine capacity better 260 or the 6.5 Creedmoor . Hey I can down load the 260 down to 6.5 Creedmoor velocities but you can’t load to the velocities of the 260 . After all the 6.5 Creedmoor is the Mini-Me of the 260.

• Rock says:

Walk the talk buddy!

• Gary Painter says:

Mitchell, you might want to stick to shooting. The case capacity between the 2 is marginal at best. The CM is shorter but has less taper. Quick Load lists both at 53.5 grs. capacity. The CM doesn’t require the bullets to be seated so deep that capacity is that diminished. The 260 would be similar in a custom chamber throated so you don’t have to seat the bullet as deep, but there goes the 2.8″ OAL.I own both and they’re both very capable rounds. The point is, you could probably shoot the CM as well or better than your 260 and get at least the same velocity or better. And they’ll use the same powders. The CM doesn’t need faster powders than the 260. As per usual, it takes a while for some to accept new more efficient ideas.

4. Clint Haight says:

Great job on the 6.5!
    Now we could use 25-45 Sharps data!
    Patiently waiting😀

5. Ron says:

Will you be publishing this as an update to your reloading manual, if so, I need 2 of them.

6. Ron says:

P.S. thanks very much.

7. J Maritin says:

Those velocities with the 140 grain bullet compare well with my actually chronographed 7×57 Mauser 29″ barrel velocities…. Chronographed ‘in Summer 2016″ 140 grain 7×57 2680 fps with H-4831 at a less than maximum charge of 48 grains… >>My real world gun performs as shown in 50th Anniversery Sierra Manual<<

That is an impressive little 6.5 …. It Sends 140 grain bullet at Close to 7×57 Mauser with 29" barrel performance ….from a 24" test barrel in a Universal Receiver…. WOW !
    6.5 Creedmoor Seems to be right on par with 6.5×55 Swede Mauser performance.

Test barrel in fixed receiver NON-Semi-auto is one thing….
    I wonder how much speed it "loses" or "actually achieves" in a typical AR-Carbine.

8. Marc B says:

Is this the first time you have published and addendum to the 5th ed. Manual? I don’t recall ever seeing a release like this before, and now I am wondering if there is any additional load data that I am missing out on.

I am in favor of releasing new cartridge loads on your site rather than publishing new editions of the manual for only minor changes like Hornady and Lyman have been doing. Keep up the good work.

9. Steve Grazaitis says:

I doubt this cartridge will flicker out. Savage would not have introduced it in their new AR platform if they thought that. Like the 6PPC, it may be the perfect case capacity for the .264 diameter bullet. Hunting is where this cartridge really shines. No noise, no kick. Just dead critters. Kinda sounds like my first love affair, the .250 Savage. It is, what we 250 hunters wanted. A 120 grain bullet at 2800 and pressures kept in check, An option of a heavier bullet if we decide to tackle Black Bear or Elk.

10. Tom Goldenberg says:

I have AR platforms in .260 Remington, .243, 6.5 Grendel, 308, .50 Blackout, 7.62×39, .223, and .50 Beowulf. No need for Creedmoor. If I did not have any Ar platforms and wanted a .264 caliber, I still see no advantage of a Creedmoor other then if u carried 400 rounds of ammo it would be a few ounces lighter then a 260. Cost, availability of parts and ammo still lead me to 260 Remington. Creedmoor would be nice to add to my collection but not worth spend $5000 for rifle, scope and reloading accessories for my self esteem . Please convince me I am wrong and I will buy it, I got the money.

• Bobby Beliawsky says:

I built a nice rifle from a Ruger American Preditor. the stock was cheap crap and the rotary mag left a lot to be desired. I bought a nice Boyds Prarrie Hunter Stock in Pepper Lamiate with beautiful checkering, fore end cap with accent line , grip cap, custom length of pull, upgraded recoil pad., and for my ego, a monogram. inletted a CDi Bottom metal kit with 5 round detachable box magazine.. Glass bedded the action and free floated the barrel, The Ruger action and trigger are first rate for the money. the bolt sounds like a zipper when you cycle the bolt, so I polished it, smooth now. Shoots sub MOA .629″ at
      100 yards. with a decent scope is easily a 500 yard gun. ( it came with a nice scope but I had a Nikon to put on it} My handloads shoot better than factory. It likes the heavier 140 grain HPBT and they are easy to load with IMR4350 . I fully enjoy shooting this gun and its just pretty to look at.

• Bob says:

If you have the money and you want one…. get it. Life is short and you work haed for your toys. All any of we need is ONE super accurate rifle. Its where you hit, not what you shoot.

• Dan Paczosa says:

If you have a 260 and reload, there is no need for a CM.

11. D.Sigea says:

I have noticed more people using the 6.5 Creedmoor round in 600 yard matches. I have no personal experience with it, but there seems to be a lot of interest in the round.

• I personally went from 600 yards to 1200 yards (steel) with my RPR 6.5 CM in two shots. That was because I misjudged the wind velocity on the first shot. I was almost disappointed that I didn’t have to work for it. 140 gr. AMAX bullets do not slow down to terminal velocity until 1450 yards. My Shooter app doesn’t have ELDs yet.

12. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could neck my 250 Savage up to this and shoot it in my Contender.

13. Chris Booker says:

Thanks for the update on data. I think a lot of these people calling the 6.5CM a fad haven’t been paying much attention. It’s being offered in new rifles by different manufactures every month. It will be here for a good long time! Thanks Sierra, I load your components exclusively and am happy to add the 6.5 to that list!

14. Jeff Walker says:

When can we expect some load data for the 6.5 Grendel? What would really be nice would be a 6.5 120 grain Gameking bullet that would be excellent in my 2 daughters rifles. The 6.5 Grendel and the 260 Remington. Every 6.5 cartridge would benefit from that bullet.

15. Ryan Adkins says:

Yay. 6.5 Creedmore data from Nosler. I had no idea you could load such light weight bullets. Thanks Nosler!!!

16. jingle says:

Sierra, Thank you very much! I have been using the Hodgdon 95gr vmax data due to lack of data for your 85gr 6.5 bullets. Great to have the real data! Did you happen to test H414 or H4895? Wonder how much I’ll lose out of a 20 inch custom Bullberry? Also, do you think its possible to make a 70-75gr 6.5 or would it simply be to short?

17. Ed Engler says:

Thank you for the up dated information on the 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ve been reading all the comments on the Creedmoor and all I can say is my 6.5 isn’t going anywhere but to the range and back into my safe at the end of the day, it’s a keeper.
    I think you guy’s at Sierra are great and so are your products, just wish you would come out with newer loading information covering the latest Hodgdon CFE and IMR Enduron powders for 308 Winchester.

18. bill miller says:

in your load data. you show H4831sc. what does the sc mean?

• Bill – That is Hodgdon’s abbreviation for “short cut”. This powders grain size was reduced to aid in throwing charges with a powder measure and to also help with powder volume within a cartridge case. – Duane Siercks, Ballistic Technician

19. Frank Green says:

Mitchell Maxberry says:
    January 9, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Hey Mitchell! Long time no see or talk! While I agree with what your saying in regards to Camp Perry and the XTC shooters etc…but in the PRS matches the 6.5 Creedmoor is probably the first pick. Then the .260 Rem. and the 6.5×47 Lapua. The Creedmoor being available in box match ammo before the .260 really was I think helped it a ton as well for the guy who didn’t reload. The demand for 6.5mm barrels and from what we see what customers want on fittings the numbers are staggering in terms of demand.

Later, Frank Green
    Bartlein Barrels

• Mitchell Maxberry says:

Hi Frank, your making fantastic barrels keep up the good work.
      Not factored into this is that all of the ammunition; well over 100,000 rds; I used in competition were reloaded by me, not factory loaded. My question and a good one for Sierra as well, is how much factory loaded 6.5 Creedmoor ammo is used in PRS matches ? I suspect that most is re-loaded ammo even though the factory ammo shoots quite well.

There is no substitute for velocity when shooting the same bullets in the same wind, higher velocity means your closer to the target.

• Frank Green says:

Thank Mitchell for the comment on the barrels!

I agree the .260 has a little more muscle and don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking it. I’ve got three rifles with barrels on them in .260 Rem. (two hunting rifles and one PRS rifle). I’m a fan of the .260 and the 6.5 Creedmoor as well. Like what I said and I’m going to say in the last 3-5 years the amount of requests we are seeing for chambered barrels in 6.5 Creedmoor it’s leading the pack. Also the demand for 6.5 Creedmoor test barrels is in way more demand as well over .260 Rem.

Later, Frank

20. Ralph Crosswhite says:

Would like to see bullets above 142 gr. Have been testing some bullets VLD Design -150 and 160 from Matrix Bullets out of Canada – extremely accurate out of the 6.5 Creedmoor out of my Ruger PRS. Would like to see hunting bullets in the same weight range, which would benefit all 6.5 caliber
    Cartridges. The old Sierra 155 MATCHKING is an example.
    BTW, shoot 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5×55 Swede, 6.5-284, 6.5-06, and .264 Win.

21. Mark says:

I would like to see 6mm Creedmoor data, especially in the heavier bullets including the 110 SMK of course. Is that data soon to be available?

Thanks
    Mark

22. Phil Parkison says:

I love the Sierra game king! I Have two different 6.5 caliber rifles. A 6.5-284 Norma, and a 6.5 Creedmoor. The 140 grain sbt is the most accurate bullet for both rifles. I have not tried the 142 hpbt yet. Can I get bc values for both bullets? G1 and G7? Thank you!

23. J. Gleaves says:

Thanks for this updated data on the 6.5 Creedmoor. My wife surprised me with the gift of a hunting rifle in this caliber in 2011 and the next year I bought a heavy “long range” rifle in it as well. I have many rifles and calibers and the 6.5 Creedmoors are by far my favorites. I have been using data from other reloading manuals for your bullets and look forward to going straight to my Sierra manual when I reload with your outstanding bullets.

24. Tim says:

Sierra stepped it up a notch with this introduction, thanks guys! I’ve been bitten by the 6.5mm bug, already shooting 6mm and 7mm regularly. I shoot out to 600 most weekends and guys are doing very will with the 6.5 CM. I see almost no 260s these days. But the spirited 260 vs 6.5 CM discussion has me waivering on my next gun.
    But something to keep in mind for hunters is this- You can sing the praises of a 6.5CM or 260 all day for long range paper punching, but I’ve decided that for killing medium / large animals at 600+ yards regardless of accuracy it doesn’t have as much steam left as I’d like. Regardless of accuracy, I’m not taking head shots at that distance. My 7mm RM shooting high BC 168gr bullets with a brake on it recoils about the same as my 243 Win with no brake. 40 rounds in a day at the range is no big deal. And it is a .5 MOA Savage (handloads) I bought for $450 on sale, swapped $600 tactical stock onto it and whala. No way a 6.5 CM keeps up with a 7mmRM for long distance killing and it is not inherently more accurate.

25. Glenn says:

I like the “accuracy load” hint Sierra puts in its load data. Didn’t do it here. Might be a blessing as H4350 is unavailable and probably would be “the” powder.

26. Pingback: Sierra Introduces New 6.5mm 150 gr MatchKing Bullet | Sierra Bullets

27. Duane says:

I handload for three 6.5×55 Swedes, (modern bolt actions) love the cartridge. Big problem is finding published load data for the “modern” actions with loads at the higher pressures. I don’t think I will see any performance advantage by going to a 260 or CM. But there is definitely more factory made ammunition available for them.
    Thanks Sierra for providing us with some fine bullets and information. Your customer service is first rate.

• wallyswurld LLC says:

I also handload for 6.5×55 Swedes; all converted military guns; but even using the lower pressures for the Swedish mauser; I do not see the Creedmore as that much an improvement. I use Sierra bullets when I can get them. They often prove out accurate when you are about to give up on a specific powder and bullet weight. Loaded ammo is available for the Swede though, you just have to know where to look. Biggest positive for all 6.5 owners is the gaggle of new bullets all this Creedmore interest is spitting out. Get’em while they are hot.

28. steve says:

Any chance that load data for this bullet for the 6.5-284?

• Steve, no sorry if you are looking for load data for the new 150 gr MatchKing, all we have is this 6.5 Creedmoor load data.

• Steve Makin says:

I am very glad to see that in the load data Sierra Tech’s have put up for the 6.5 Creedmoor they have ALSO noted for posterity and us reloaders that the bullet really requires a spin rate of 7.5 (or faster) to stabilise correctly. That is unfortunately beyond most of us who have commercial rifles with 1:8 twists (and slower 1:9)!
        I utilise Sierra’s EXCELLENT 142g MK bullet in my Tikka t3 ‘Sporter’ 6.5x55SE at all ranges out to 1,000yds on the famous Bisley Ranges in Southern England (UK) and the 1:8 of this rifle does a fine job with them. However, from YOUR side of the pond in particular, quality, full power load data for Commercial 6.5x55SE chambered rifles (not the old military units) is thin on the ground fron the various powder and bullet manufacturers. Any chance of this being addressed please, especially in the Sierra 130 gr tipped, and 140 and 142 gr MKs that I use…. pretty please!??

• Duane says:

Pretty, pretty, please??

29. 65brlapua says:

When are you coming out with 6.5×47 load data? I know this is almost identical to the 6.5CM.

30. Glenn Motley says:

Will you be developing any data for the 6.5-284 or 6.5X55 Imp 40

• TRENT SMITH says:

6.5x55mm Swede Imp 40 data would be a welcome addition in my Sierra Manual. However, Paul there at Sierra got me headed in the right direction with mine.
      Thanks again, Paul!

31. Mitchell Maxberry says:

I have an idea for improving the 6.5 Creedmoor that will give it more velocity yet still fit in the 2.80 inch magazine limit ! Take a 308 case and neck it down to a 6.5 caliber and call it a 6.5X08. By its very nature that is a wild cat which will out perform the 6.5 Creedmoor . I’ve been shooting mine of years and set national records and won so many matche, like 5 NRA Nationals and over 52 regionals and state Championships including International 300 meter between NZ and Ostralia and some dozen plus records . Love my superior 6.5X08 ! Since when did we think smaller is better , I’ll by pass the 9th District court decisions, however .

32. Dave Vogler says:

Your overall max cartridge length for 6.5CM is listed as 2.825. The lands in my new Tikka touch at 2.902. I was going to start my load in Hornady brass trimmed to 1.91 with a COAL Of 2.875. Am i safe to do so or should i stay at 2.825?

• Dave – Start your loads close to minimum and work up carefully. I don’t foresee any problem as long as you watch your pressures. The 2.825″ is the max length for factory ammo. You can normally adjust OAL as needed as long as you are careful.

Duane Siercks
      Ballistic Technician

• Mitchell Maxberry says:

Many M-700 are not happy at the length , more like 2.780 . 2.800 is asking for problems .

• Dave Vogler says:

I am working my loads gradually as you suggest, keeping .030 off the lands but I have a question. My Tikka Tac A1 shoots factory Hornady 140 & 143g rounds off the shelf @ 1/2″moa @ 200 yards. Seems a factory Hornady factory OAL is nearly a full .100 short of my lands @2.804″. So how important, really, is loading .010>.002″ off the lands. My eventual goal here is to compete in some 600yd+ shoots. I also see people loading H4350 to a full grain+- over your highest recommended load. I fail to see how one could benefit from doing that? Thanks.

33. Richie says:

I’ve just picked up a Creedmoor 24″ so this is a great addition the “THE Book” . My other 6.5 is a Swed which I don’t push too hard and a Grendel.

34. Thom Sikora says:

I have both AR and bolt in 6.5 and am very happy with them. I shoot what I like not what the kool-aid stands are selling. The Creedmoor is a very good cartridge that does all it is asked of and I just flat like it. The Creedmoor cartridge is a very flexible case. At this time I am working on the 22 Creedmoor and it’s so darn fun! Great for varmint and predators. Hey Sierra, any chance you might be coming out with data on this? Just re-neck a 6 CM and your in business.

35. Pingback: Sierra Introduces New 6.5mm 107 gr Tipped MatchKing Bullet | Sierra Bullets

36. lapd16862 says:

Are we lucky or what! We have the Second Amendment and so many cartridges to argue about!
    I just bought a 6.5 Creedmoor and I can’t wait to try it out and develop loads for it.

37. Michael Kuhn says:

Will 8 inch twist ,22 inch barrel stabilize this bullet at all, who makes 1-7.5 or 1-7 barrels?

• Michael – The 8″ twist will probably not stabilize the new 150 MK.
      Duane Siercks, Ballistic Technician

• G Spicer says:

Sierra Bullets <> Whether a 1 in 8 will stabilize the 150 MK is dependent on three factors muzzle velocity ,the air temp and the barometric pressure ( above sea level ) I see the larger cases in 6.5 with 1 in 8 barrels shooting bug holes on nice summer days ..

• G Spicer says:

@ Michael Kuhn , Krieger barrels offers a 1 – 7.5 twist .. I would go with the 5 R option in case you decide to shoot some thin skinned lighter bullets .. Other wise you’re liable to be blowing jackets .. Had a Hart 1 – 8 in 6.5 x 06 that would blow 100 grain bullets and re- barreled to a 1 – 7.8 Obermeyer to shoot the now discontinued 155 match king that would shoot those 100 gain without blowing the jacket .. Something to think about if you decide to take your target rifle on a vermin hunting ..

38. TRENT SMITH says:

I have been shooting a 6.5×55 mm Swede, several of them, since 1982. I love this cartridge and my son is now hooked on it. However, I also have several other 6.5 cartridges and to me, it is not the cartridge, but rather the bullets that were and are now available that make any 6.5 cartridge a treat to shoot. 6.5 mm bullets are impressive no matter how fast or how slow you send them down range.

39. Rickey Rope says:

I have a 6.5×55 military rifle that’s like new it has a 1 in 7.5″ twist it shoots just under 1 and 3/4″ groups at 300 yards may the 6.5 live forever

40. Pingback: Is 2018 The Year Of The Heavies? - LONG RANGE SHOOTERS

41. Pete Perry says:

I am old & have lots of long action rifles & also have better uses for my money than for some specialized sawed off round (6.5 Creedmore) intended to have an optimum fit into some short action rifle primarily for target shooting. Would a 6.5mm 107 Sierra tipped MK shot from a 6.5-06 @ about 3250 fps MV, destroy a 5 pound rockchuck @ 550 yards?

42. Beau Prideaux. says:

Check out all the new reloading manuals.. The 260 Rem does not out perform the 6,5 Creedmoor.

43. STEVE DAVISSON says:

Why is there no data on 6.5 forevermore info in your 5th edition reloading manual

44. K Urschel says:

I have been a 264 wm fan since I was 13 years old and 39 years later still the sam after 3,000 + rounds. I have never tried any precision shooting before with it. With keeping the love for the 6.5 cal in mind the heavier bullets do seem too have a bit more velocity than the creed. This gun was bought by my father in ’61 he didn’t like the recoil it had so he bought a 270 win. I have had no issues that most people talk about as accuracy goes with barrel life or throat erosion, it still kills whatever I shoot at. Gus are like buying tires, everyone has their favorites, so sick too your guns as if you will. So keep calm and shoot on.

45. Trent Wilson says:

I’ve loaded the 150s to 2900-2950fps with Reloder 19, but can’t seem to make Superformance shoot faster. It does, however, hold a sub 6 standard deviation with a 9fps extreme spread. Would switching to a CCI benchrest primer lower that SD and ES? I’ve also heard that switching to a magnum primer helps ignite ball powders better. Would that solve my velocity issue?

46. Beau Prideaux says:

In 50 years of shooting & owning dozens of Rifles & Cartridges, I have never seen a cartridge grow in popularity & sales like the 6.5 Creedmoor.. It is selling extremely well down here in Australia..
    It is giving the 260 Rem an ass kickin’..
    For sure it will keep out selling the 260..
    There is a lot of silly misinformation about the 260 out performing the 6.5 Creed’. In the real World, it doesn’t.. Check out all the new reloading Manuals & real World load developments..

There is bugger all difference between them, & it’s mostly in favour of the Creed’.

I bought a Bergara Woodsman 22″ I use Lapua cases & Reloder 17 & I am astounded at the velocities & lack of evident excessive pressure signs. The case life is outstanding.

It is an awesome sniping rifle on Wild Dog & Pig… I’m a believer..

47. Rick says:

I have the 6.5 Creed in both bolt and AR platform. One for white tail, the other for herds of pigs, and coyotes . It is an amazingly versatile cartridge, far from flaming out. The only problem I am encountering is local supply of bullets, and Reloader 19. Both are chronically in short supply at the reloading stores around here. And not from lack of availability but from sales. I have been stuck ordering both on line. At least cases are plentiful now that Starline has jumped in. This one round retired my 308, 25-06 and the 22-250.

48. Ray Harkey says:

What load data do you suggest using for the new Gamechanger bullets in 243win and 6.5 creedmoor . I just bought these Bullets and wanted to see load spec’s. Thanks

49. Ray Odgers says:

I’ve been using the 6.5mm 150 gr MatchKing Bullets with 46 gr Superformance powder for awhile with 2780 ft/s velocity. I am also impressed with TGK gamechangers bullets from sierra got the 130 gr for 6.5C but used in 6.5 grendel and 165 gr in 308 both superb.