Throwback Thursday: Sierra Bullet Boards Over the Years

Sierra Bullets has created seven bullet boards to display the bullet line over the years.

Sierra Bullet Board4
Sold from 1965 to 1969 – $8.50
Product Description: This attractive display board of all bullets manufactured by Sierra Bullets, Inc. The display is pleasantly arranged within a 16 x 16 inch portrait type frame made of lightweight, durable plastic.  Each of the 52 actual bullets are identified for caliber, style, and weight.  Each is mounted in a fitted depression and fastened with a special adhesive compound.  The acetate cover is printed on the inside to prevent defacing.  It will not fade and it is easily cleaned.  While the attractive display is primarily intended for dealer wall or counter display, it would ornament the will of any shooter’s den or gun room, while providing a ready reference to the entire Sierra bullet line.

Sierra_Bullet_BoardSold from 1970 – 1972

BulletBoard2a
Sold from 1973 – 1974 for $15.00

RichWoodToneBackground

Sold from 1975 – 1977 for $25.00
Product Description: This attractively designed Bullet Board provides a rich wood-grained oval background for Sierra’s complete line of 79 precision bullets.  An ideal decoration for either office or den, the Bullet Board also doubles as a convenient reference source by showing bullet caliber, diameter, grain weight and design.
SierraBullets3

First sold in 1977 for $30.00
Sold from 1977 – 1980

Product Description: This attractively designed Bullet Board provides a rich wood-tone background for Sierra’s complete line of precision bullets.  An ideal decoration for either office or den, the Bullet Board also doubles as a convenient reference source by showing bullet caliber, diameter, grain weight and design.  The board features the two latest additions to the Sierra line the .45 Long Colt (240 gr.) and the .375 Big Game Hunting Bullet (300 gr.).  The board is a handy reference source giving the caliber, diameter, grain weight and design of each of the 84 precision-made Sierra bullets.
Approximately 22″ wide X 15″.

BulletBoardCaliforniaWoodFirst sold in 1980 for $38.50
Sold from 1980 – 1995

Product Description: The Sierra Bullet Board is made of everything rich and real.  Rich real California Redwood.  A complete selection of genuine Sierra Bullets.  Classic cooper metallic printing.  One of limited collection. *Company records indicate these boards were offered in Redwood, Oak, Cedar, and Zebrawood
(approximately 25 specially made pictured below)

WestTexasWholesale_Letter Click to read a letter dated February 11, 1982 about the Zebrawood bullet board. BulletBoard_Zebrawood

SierraBullets50thAnniversaryBulletBoardFirst sold in 1996 for $299.95
Product Description: Created to celebrate Sierra Bullet’s 50th anniversary.  We only made 5000 pieces, so this impressive board is sure to be a collector’s item.  Each plaque is handcrafted from the finest solid oak and features one of all 158 bullets made at the time.  Leather-look background details bullet calibers and grain weights and is accented by engraved wood trim and framed by a 1/2″ select hemp rope.  Key hole cut back for easy hanging. Bullet boards are numbered in the lower right hand corner.

13 Responses to Throwback Thursday: Sierra Bullet Boards Over the Years

1. David (Rupe) Ruppel says:

Very Cool!

2. Chris Bass says:

Do you still make these? I want one!

3. David (Rupe) Ruppel says:

I would need help from you guys. I’m on a fixed income and there is no way I can afford to by one box of each Caliber, just for 1 bullet out of each box. So if you want to send me one bullet of each caliber, I’ll do it!! It was good idea until I realized that I just don’t have enough guns to justify a project like this. Darn!! I guess I’m just going to have to buy more guns. How many calibers do you make?
    LOL
    If I find myself with just half of what Sierra mft. would be a tough job to do!
    Well another great Idea, goes awash. 😦 Rupe

4. Dark Falls says:

I own the 1980 edition and was wondering what I can use to clean the black inner surface the bullets are mounted on. I don’t want to end up with the fine lettering descriptions destroyed but there is a light layer of dust that needs removed. Previously someone had tried to wipe it clean but the wipe marks are visible. Any suggestions?

• Dark Falls – We just had ours cleaned and got in touch with the man who cleaned it. He said he used Armor All® wipes. You might also be able to use compressed air to remove the dust.

• Dark Falls says:

Thank you very much for your reply with the information and your time. You can’t imagine how much I appreciate it, as this piece I not only appreciate as a collector but since my fathers passing has become a family heirloom and want nothing but the best of care provided for it.

5. Hossie says:

What would the value of a 73-74 board be worth in todays market

6. Hossie – We wouldn’t really know. You might watch Ebay.com and see if they sell any on there. That would give you a better idea of what they are selling for than we could.

7. Jereme says:

I just got #2850 from my uncle who passed.

8. Samantha South says:

Hi, I have come across the 5th display you have listed down (the horizontal oval bullet display) from a family collector. I am wondering if anyone is looking to buy one, or if the company is looking to buy them back. Unfortunately, since the bullets are real, Ebay and other sites do not allow the listing for them due to ammunition policies. Any recommendations??

Thank you for your time.